I was born and raised in South Africa. I married my soul mate Martin Coetzee and we have two beautiful children. We love nature, exploring, hiking and camping. We immigrated to Australia in 2018 and are very proud to be associated with this beautiful country. We currently hold Permanent residence status as a family and we are commited to apply for citizenship in due course. Since moving to Queensland in 2022, we've been thoroughly enjoying everything this beautiful state has to offer.
After spending several years in the software industry and working in various customer service positions, I was presented with an opportunity to transition into software development. It was during this time that I discovered my true calling and realized that my destiny was to become a software developer.
I am a Software Engineer and loves creating user-friendly interfaces and tackling back-end challenges. I enjoy front-end frameworks like Blazor and have experience with .NET, Azure and GitHub. I'm always learning and excited to take on new challenges in software development.
If you'd like to get in touch, feel free to send me an email.
- City: Brisbane, Queensland
- Email: email@example.com
Here is a list of the certifications that I have obtained
Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate
Earning Azure Developer Associate certification validates the skills and knowledge to design, build, test, and maintain cloud applications and services on Microsoft Azure. Candidates participate in all phases of cloud development from requirements definition and design, to development, deployment, and maintenance.
Listed below are my proficiencies in various skills.
A professional and dynamic software developer who thrives in a productive team environment. I approach new ideas and concepts with enthusiasm and quickly develop innovative and creative solutions to problems. With the ability to work independently, I have demonstrated a high level of self-motivation and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Senior Software Developer
2023 - present
Queensland Health, Brisbane, Australia
- Development of new applications/ and enhancement of existing applications, predominately with modern Microsoft Technologies (.Net, Blazor, SQL Server).
- Develop, maintain, and provide high level specialist advice on, and support of, the integrated operation of complex enterprise applications to achieve defined service levels
- Provide comprehensive advice and technical feasibility on specific applications and their integration with business requirements and the technical environment
- Work collaboratively with business representatives and technical staff in the estimation of development work and understanding of service requirements to ensure service levels remain aligned to changing business requirements and evolving delivery capabilities
- Create system design specifications and related technical documentation based on user requirements (including database design and software architecture). Application development. Troubleshooting/Problem solving/Bug Fixing.
- .Net · Blazor · SQL Server · Azure
2021 - 2023
Azenix, Brisbane, Australia
Maintain, enhance and customise applications as per customers requirements.Skills:
- .NET · Blazor Webassembly · Entity Framework Core · AutoMapper · Mediator Pattern · Clean Arhitecture · Azure
2019 - 2021
Dialog Information Technology, Sydney, Australia
Responsible for developing an offline mobile Canvas application using PowerApps for NSW Roads and Maritime Services.Skills:
- Microsoft Power Apps · dataverse · Microsoft Power Automate
SYSPRO Australasia, Sydney, Australia
Designed and created sophisticated dashboards that utilize data-driven insights.Skills:
2013 - 2019
SYSPRO, Gauteng, South Africa
A member of an innovation team that successfully transformed an on-premises application into a native web applicationSkills:
- Back-end: C#, MVC pattern, asynchronous RESTful calls to SYSPRO services to obtain data from MS SQL
Composing blog posts allows me to delve more deeply into a topic. Through conducting research, structuring my thoughts, and articulating my ideas in a coherent and succinct way, I can reinforce my comprehension of the subject matter.
Blazor & Playwright
In this article, I’ll be detailing my implementation of Playwright as the end-to-end testing framework in a Blazor project.
BlazingStory: A Blazor Component Development Game Changer
Sharing my learnings of BlazingStory while explore its various features.
12 Factor Methodology
Examples within the .NET ecosystem that illustrate key points of the 12-factor methodology
Bicep: Enable Azure Health Checks on App Services
Enable health checks on a service, add an alert group and setup alerts using bicep
Add authentication to a Blazor application
How to add Azure Active Directory Authentication to an existing Blazor standalone application.
.NET 7 — WebAssembly build tool
Looking at different features with the .NET 7 WebAssembly build tool and new features to help you build performant, powerful .NET apps using WASM.
Exploring the full potential of Blazor QuickGrid
Blazor features in .NET 7
Lets look at some new features in Blazor .NET 7
Deeper understanding of Blazor and Webassembly
Customised Radio Buttons in Blazor WASM
How to create a custom image for radio buttons
My Experience : Exam AZ-204
My reasons for reasons for pursuing certification, the significance of being certified, and my experience preparing for and taking the exam.
Embark on a captivating journey through my experiences and learnings in the realm of software development. Join me as I delve into the intricacies of this dynamic field, sharing valuable insights and lessons. Stay tuned for upcoming presentations that promise to expand your knowledge and inspire your own development journey.
See how easy it is to develop a game in Blazor
Join me as we unravel the power of Blazor and witness firsthand how it can transform your web development projects.